Thursday, November 5, 2009

Crafts

So, I've been sewing. Mostly gifts.
These were for the wife of one of Rex's team members. She had a baby boy.

A Hawaiian boyish bib.


A Hooter Hider or Nursing Cover that I thought would look nice with her red hair. I used this pattern: http://photojulia.com/2008/02/how-to-make-a-nursing-cover

Everything put together. I made burp cloths to match the bib, they are shaped like peanuts and there are some similar ones further down the post.

A friend having a baby girl after 3 boys. I thought she could use some PINK and I love the metallic oriental fabrics I can get here.


She's not Japanese, I just thought it was cute and would be easy to put on a squirming baby.




Burp cloths



The shoes up close





Peanut shaped burp clothes. The ones I made before had the whole side as a patterned fabric, but I thought the flannel might be more absorbant.





I had a random scrap that happened to be 8x10 so I stuck it in a frame.




The girly bib. She also got a nursing cover with the same fabric.
Crafts for ME!

Or Rex... I'm making a quilt of the EOD crab. Isn't it pretty? The yellow basting thread will be pulled out, it's just holding my layers together.



The completed turtle quilt that I showed the stages of months ago. It's been hanging in our hallway for quite some time, I'm just too preoccupied to post stuff in a timely manner.



A Garmon bag for Jen (my sister)


The GPS screen fits in this removable sleeve. The strap unbuttons to open and tethers to a snap inside the bag so it is multifunctional.















I made one for Mom's birthday first. My very first bag... :)















Do I seem obsessed with bark cloth these days? Wait 'til I get my sofa pillows done!


No comments:

Post a Comment