Red Velvet Cake with the EOD crab on top in Fondant.
Here's the dessert table. I also made the coconut cake with white fondant snowflakes on it and the little cupcakes on the red trays with the Christmas decorations on top.
Here's the real time-consumer. A couple weeks ago we asked the soldiers for a Santa volunteer, one of the guys said he'd be Spongebob Squarepants. He should be careful what he says because I found out and made him this costume! I think he had a lot of fun. He wore it for almost 3 hours! The commander gave a short "speech" and announced that Dr Clayton made the costume. That was pretty funny. I've had that with my maiden name, but not since I got married.
Hopefully this will still be in good shape for next Halloween! It might also be funny to have someone wear it to one of the ceremonies when half of the guys deploy next year! I could probably make him a big beret and something like ACUs.
Here's our gift wrapping fundraiser before anybody showed up. It was not nearly the organized once it got going! Quite a crowd. I'll probably post more party shots later as people post them on facebook.
Impressive costume. Is that egg crate foam?
ReplyDeleteYes, straight from the PX bedding department! Glued to cardboard and coated with yellow spray paint. I made him with hawaiian shorts and a Santa hat to be more festive :)
ReplyDeleteHis nose was pointing up earlier, but the kids kept pulling on it so I stopped fixing it.