Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Blue lights

Audrey got to meet her first cop last night.  I got to enjoy my first driving without a clutch experience.  It quickly turned into "sitting on the side of the road without a clutch." :)

Not ours, but the truck we are 'watching/maintaining' for a deployed guy.  We were coming home from post and just about to turn onto Meheula.  We barely made it out of a steep gulch and I had hoped to make it the rest of the way home, but 2 miles away isn't that bad.  I called Jason (our next neighbor and personal hero) and he drove home from the big city and came to rescue us with his Jeep and tow-rope.  A cop saw us so he lit up the dark skies for us and made sure no one messed with us while we waited for Jason.  Audrey was a real trooper.  After she got bored staring at the flashing lights I nursed her in the truck then she went to sleep.

Now it's time to start calling around to see if I can find anyone fair way out here in the middle of the ocean.  Experience tells me 'no!'

No comments:

Post a Comment