Monday, May 20, 2013

V is 4 months old

Here's a reminder of A at that age...
 And another gratuitous A pic.
 And baby V!

 A was crashed out on the air mattress at Aunt Susie's after 5+ hours in the car with a stop at Grandma and Grandpa's then on to Aunt Peggy and Uncle Danny's with a couple of DOGS!
 Out to dinner.  This place is great, but the meal takes hours.  A little over 2 hours in 'A' got a sudden fever.  I should have known it was coming because she started hovering around me and telling me over and over that she loves me.  It was just a teething fever as she was working on her last 2 molars, but it was still a pretty miserable night.  Dinner was packed to go and we headed back to get her into bed.  She was pretty pitiful.  Every time you touched her wrong she would pout and say, "you hurt me so badly."  In the middle of the night she freaked out and she was trying so hard to calm herself and slow her breathing.  I gently told her it's ok, calm down and she went Exorcist on me with a growling "I can't" and I knew she was trying her hardest.  When it hadn't broken in the morning I broke down and we got some tylenol to ease the fever so she could enjoy mother's day with everyone.  It worked and she was completely fever free by the afternoon without meds.

 She got to go fishin'
 And on her favorite ride

 It was a good trip.  We decided to try letting her go with Nonno and Lala to Uncle Jimmy's cabin in SC for a week.  They're still gone so V and I are bonding while I try to get some projects done around the house.  At her 4 mo appointment she was average weight but above average length.  She's about 4 weeks behind A in size now.  She shrieks constantly out of pleasure, tries to crawl, rolls both ways, and melts our hearts.  On FaceTime with her daddy she grins and flirts.  She's a drool monster - which A never really did at all - so that's a new experience.  She's always gnawing on everything and soaking it all.  She's still a great sleeper so I get a chance to cut grass, stain, sew, sleep, etc during her many long naps and we get a full night of sleep.









No comments:

Post a Comment