Tuesday, October 11, 2011

"Almost 1" Birthday Party

Yeah, I know, it's not really her birthday yet.  That doesn't mean we can't celebrate does it?





We loaded up the car and headed to Hickam AFB to have Audrey's party.  She was asleep in the back, or so we thought...
 Sweet little girl, what's that on your face?
 Oh, so you could reach your cupcake.  Nice.



 I set out to buy a cake from the grocery store, but after I hit up 5 without finding anything without a Disney character, Dora, or Barbie I decided I'd better just do it myself.  Here goes.  The top tier was strawberry, the bottom coconut.

We also wanted to give a shout out to some of her Aunties who were celebrating birthdays this week.  Chocolate with Oreo cookies.

 Audrey's personal little cake was a delightfully bland gluten-free, no sugar added banana cupcake with Greek yogurt/ lemon zest icing dyed pink with beet juice.  Don't judge, she liked it!
 Not so much you can do to decorate a pavilion on a super-windy beach day.  A lot of the techs from Rex's job were the early arrivals for the day.
 One of Audrey's biggest fans is Uncle Blain.



 She has 4 full teeth on top, 2 on bottom.

 Audrey had her first boy-dance with Mandy's oldest son.  Guess she goes for boys with piercings...
 Look, some girls showed up!  It was actually quite a crowd.  I just got distracted from taking pictures when lots of people were around.
 Luckily our neighbor came and took over my camera.  (Audrey's dress was a gift from Karen and Ronnie when we visited Belleville in March)
 She was pretty happy to eat the icing off of her cake until she saw MY cake :)
 While I was distracted with cutting all the million cakes Rex let down his guard for a moment.  Audrey never wastes an opportunity to grab something she shouldn't have - even if she's so sleepy she can't keep her eyes open!  You can tell by the look on my face that I just saw what she was up to.
 Jason obviously knew, but just kept snapping away.
 See?  I told you she liked it!




 It didn't rain a drop all day so when we set up her gifts in the grass to open it obviously started raining immediately.  And in true Hawaii fashion, it stopped by the time we had things shifted under the pavilion!

One of the first gifts was an interactive ball that plays music and lights up and there was no name on the bag.  She became obsessed with this one toy the whole time I opened things for her.  (We eventually discovered it came from a guy Rex works with and goes rock climbing with most weekends)
Simba and Nola kiss when they get close.  We need to get Lion King for Audrey to watch while she plays with them :)  Thank you, Natasha!
 Mandy made a tutu and got her Beauty and the Beast on bluray.
 7th inning stretch...
 Auntie Heidi gave her 2 childrens books from Hawaii with fish.  She knows the girl who writes and illustrates them.  Audrey was hooked immediately!  She has really taken to her Underwater music dvd, Finding Nemo, and all things fish.  Maybe we should let her try sushi!  yummmmm!
 She got a cute dress with leggings.
 There were some other gifts, too, but she kept coming back to this ball!  She's going to have a blast when she has the time, energy and space to really play with it!
 After gifts it was time for a swim.  The girls got ready to head down to the beach.  I swear we did not plan these swimsuits and none of these beauties are related!
 We have to stretch before heading down to the waves...
 Auntie Pam was talking and Audrey just kept eyeing the water.  It looked like she was brewing a plan to get her cute little self into it.
 But Auntie Pam finally took her down to get her toes wet (and clean off the dirt from crawling around and the icing from stuffing her face)
It was really a beautiful day.


Thanks to everyone who came and celebrated with us.  We missed everyone else!  
Just two more weeks and she'll really be 1!!!

Have I mentioned lately that I really love my daughter?  Can you tell?

Coming soon: The cutest little butt around.  Audrey's new diapers came on Saturday!  I know you are all so very excited :)

No comments:

Post a Comment