An early birthday celebration in Marion with the Whitrights to make sure Gma and Gpa could make it. Aunt Jen, Jane Marie and Paul also made it out. Audrey got her healthy, no artificial anything raspberry lemon cupcakes. It was also Dad's birthday so he got his obligatory coconut cake. Grandpa made his infamous blackberry cobbler.
Nonno let her get extra practice blowing out candles.
2nd Birthday Round 2 at our house in TN. This time it was R's Mom and Sister and my parents.
Carrot Cake
She has now caught on to the gift situation and gets very excited by the prospect of presents.
The progress of our backyard. Do you think the seed guys missed a few spots? Looks ridiculous in person, but it's finally starting to fill in a little better (now that it's December). We'll see how it looks in the spring when the Fescue comes in.
We went to a pumpkin patch to get into the fall spirit. It's strange looking at this photo from October where we froze to the point that I put my socks on her as leggings now that it's December and 70 outside...
We tried to go ride the "orange train" and it took off in front of us. It broke this poor little girl's heart! Luckily it was running every 15 minutes so we got another chance.
I dropped the ball on Halloween. I picked up the butterfly wings and let time get away from me so R raided A's closet and came up with this between dinner and the first doorbell chime. She had a blast greeting "friends" at the door. One group was particularly ghoulish so she got really scared. She ran upstairs to Daddy crying about the "scary friends." The next group that came was a bunch a sweet girls that told her how pretty she was and she was in love with the whole thing all over again. She did keep talking about the scary friends for days.
She hasn't had any candy, she just thought the wrappers were cool so she was playing with them. Poor deprived little girl :)
Other random days in October:
Trying on her new "pirate pants." They are just black wool pants that are a diaper cover (Sloomb). She's holding a sample of wool wash that came with them that smells amazing so she kept smelling it like a fiend and dancing with it.
We took her to Disney on Ice. She loved most of it. They did a parts from Cars, Toy Story, Little Mermaid, etc. We were all bored during Tinkerbell, but we had POPCORN!! She loves popcorn. Maybe I had too much when I was pregnant with her.
Big girl room. She's been in her queen bed for most of the last year, but I was really delinquent in finishing the quilt I started last Christmas. I had it all pieced together and sandwiched, but didn't get very far in the hand quilting before it was time to move into the house and get totally derailed from the project. I finally picked it up again at the beginning of October and spent my evenings for 3 weeks quilting then binding. I think next time I may have to machine quilt! We'll see. Depends on what it is for.
We had our first dentist trip and it went great. They had legos, which is all you can really ask for in a good dentist, right? She was fine until the strange man tried to touch her, but he was able to check her out and determine that she's super low risk for problems so we get to wait a year to go back. Good thing she got legos for her birthday the next day or we would have to go back sooner just to play with his toys.































No comments:
Post a Comment