Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Party of 3

R left today so we got to endure the "everyone gather in this big room with nothing for your children to do for several hours to see how miserable we can make an already sad occasion. By the way it is suddenly 80 degrees and we have no AC in here..." V must have sensitive skin because she quickly turned rosy.



There are many projects planned to pass the time.  Installing a storm door on the deck, staining the deck (so excited about that one), painting several rooms in the house because the painter waters down the paint on the new homes, sewing, hopefully tutoring to pay for some of these projects. And I can't forget diapers.  R says all I ever talk about is cloth diapers ;)

I am hoping it is a long time before A notices.  She has never mentioned anything when he leaves for a month or two at a time, but she is obviously older each trip so this may be the one where she figures it all out.

V will obviously remain preciously oblivious.  Nothing like a gummy little squish to make the big D tolerable :-D Of course, she'll likely have teeth by the time he's back.

I will, again, not be advertising that he's gone.  There was a break-in down the street 2 weeks ago to reinforce that one.  We have a monitored alarm system and attack cats, but why push it?

I won't be making too many trips.  Isabella Rosellini (my cat) has suddenly gotten really fat.  She went from 7.4 pounds all her life to 9.4 in the last couple of months!  2 lbs is a lot at that size.  We are closely monitoring her food for 6 weeks before testing for hypothyroidism.  I also don't want to have to deal with all the reporting in every time we spend the night away in case the black SUV needs to find us.  We welcome guests, especially for A's 3rd bday at the end of October, Christmas, and probably V's 1st bday mid January (although that should cut close to R's return).

Now it's time to go clean the piles of Army vomit all over my house.



No comments:

Post a Comment